The Washington National Cathedral in Washington, D.C., of course. Let me start at the beginning. Daryl and I are planning a trip to D.C. sometime in August. I know, I know...I was just there with the kiddies, but Daryl has never been. I figured I would use my free trip from the school to kind of scope out where we would most like to go on our vacation.Well, when I was there with the kids, we drove by the National Cathedral. It is beautiful, so I thought maybe it would be cool to take a tour of the cathedral when Daryl and I visit in August. So, that brings me to today and my current freak out. I was online looking for information about the Cathedral and I discovered something VERY disturbing. I'll just allow you to guess at what it is, but no worries...I'll give you some hints.
First hint: Whoever runs the cathedral decided it would be a good idea to have a contest and let someone design something to be carved, yes CARVED, into the cathedral....
Second hint: The carving is kind of a gargoyle, but it is of a famous movie icon.
Go ahead...guess....what might they have decided to carve into the National Cathedral...an symbol of all that is pure and holy in our nation's capitol?
Did you guess Darth Vader??? You're right! Ok. Now you have to click here to go see it. Can you even believe this
crap? 
I'm not even making this up. It's on the National Cathedral's website and everything. I guess they had a contest and some twerp who wanted Darth Vader in there won. Ug.
2 comments:
We're sorry. The city you are trying to reach has floated away. Please check your travel brochures, and try again.
Even Chip thinks this is wrong
Post a Comment