Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Duncan's Snack

Wow. I'm so smart. I finally figured out how to add video to this thing!

Make sure you turn up the sound before you play it. The sound is unbelievable.

Anyway, I got out Duncan's bigger car seat just to try it out, and while he was sitting in it, he decided to have a snack. I guess I don't feed him enough.


We're going on a trip to Connecticut on Thursday to visit Daryl's aunt and uncle. With Duncan. Who is 6 months old. Are we adventurous or just insane? Hm....I'll let you know when we get back. I am really looking forward to getting out of the house for a little while though. We might even stop at Niagara Falls on the way back. That's a lot of water right there, eh? Can you tell that I'm practicing to be part Canadian while we drive through Canada? How aboot now?

Can I tell you a little bit more about the car seat while I wait for this video to load up? Okay. Well, it has a 4 position headrest with a removable pillow, a DELUXE infant body insert, and EPP Energy Absorbing Foam (whatever that is). It also has 3 travel stages and a 2 position seat recline. The instruction book is 54 pages long. I'm going to need to block out the better part of my day tomorrow just to figure the whole thing out. What do the people who can hardly read do? Just guess and hope that their baby's safe? There are about 40 different things to adjust and fidget with. It may actually be easier to change the oil in my car than to install this car seat.

7 comments:

CookieMom2DDogz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sandy- Car seats are awful. I do not like them and can not wait until we don't have to use one....that's like in elementary school now isn't it?

CookieMom2DDogz said...

Oh! I can see the video now...uh...um...is he aware that he has two perfectly fine thumbs that are just as tasty as toes?

CookieMom2DDogz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That's great! Those toes must be tasty!

holly

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... those are the sweetest little tootsies.

Anonymous said...

It will be easier to change your oil for the first time you mess with the car seat. After that, you'll be a pro. (Especially after you feel okay with Duncan's muscle strength and control.) This car seat is also fun when its raining - you'll get your rump wet while baby stays dry! BUT it sounds like you got a good one so that you don't have to keep buying $40 car seats until they are ready to drive ;)
~Jen