So, this morning I get up and Daryl says, "I have a really good idea for a combined Christmas gift that I can get and we can afford...it will be for both of us and it's a really, really good idea." I asked what his idea was, but he said that it would be a surprise. Hm.... I reluctantly agreed. I mean, this was the guy that was planning the jacuzzi tub, so it had to be something good...right?
Wrong. Later on Daryl was going on and on about going out and getting firewood from the gardening center near our house. You see, they run an advertisement that crawls along the bottom of the Weather Channel's Local on the 8's, which I watch at night a lot while I'm feeding Duncan because there's nothing else on. Daryl sees the advertisement and is reminded about the firewood, so every day he's been talking about having a fire in the fireplace. Just to make conversation, I said, "Yeah, we still need to get one of those glass doors for the fireplace." We talked about getting one last winter, but we never did because you have to special order them and we just didn't have that kind of energy. As soon as the words were out of my mouth, I saw the look on Daryl's face and knew that this was the big surprise Christmas present he had in mind. What? What? What?? This is soooo not in the same league as a jacuzzi tub. I told him that I would not enjoy fireplace doors as my Christmas present. Then, maybe because I'm sleep deprived or maybe because I'm a jerk, I told him that if he had gone ahead and gotten me fireplace doors for Christmas, it would
have been worse than when my dad got my mom canning equipment for Christmas. Daryl disagreed, but then I offered to call up any of my girlfriends because I knew that they would tell Daryl on speakerphone that fireplace glass doors is not a good Christmas present ever. Luckily, we didn't have to go there.Here is a list of other things that I don't want for Christmas ever:
Canning equipment, a garage door, new windows, a couch, potted plants, a new kitchen sink, a new driveway, a mailbox, recessed lighting, a dishwasher, a refrigerator, actually any standard appliance...
Ug.
8 comments:
my poor brother. cut him some slack!
love you Daryl! love you too Sandy! lol!
It is part of being sleep deprieved, you just spill out things that you wouldn't normally say to anyone - especially to the one that is helping you in the new "early" Christmas gift of Duncan. And just think, it's one less thing that you had to put energy into for the house.~JenZ
New driveways are so hard to wrap.
guess who is getting NOTHING for Christmas....MUHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Guess which dog-loving English teacher absolutely loves the new fireplace doors and can't believe how much better the fireplace and the room look!!!
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o6/darylmccue/IMG_2118.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o6/darylmccue/
IMG_2118.jpg
first copy and paste the top line starting with http....then copy and paste the second line starting with IMG immediately following the first line in your address bar!!!
Aw snap! The fireplace blog sparks seven comments!
Post a Comment