Friday, August 26, 2005

Sandy's Core Spinning Faster Than Crust

Today I read an online article about how the earth's core is spinning, yes spinning, faster than the crust. Who knew that the earth had a part that could spin independently of the rest? I guess it makes sense that the inside would be spinning since the outside spins. I just never thought about it. And faster? Who knew? Probably Kelly did since she took that crazy class and learned all about geology. Crusty Article (for those who care).
So, I got to thinking that my brain spins pretty fast too. Like, I think all these thoughts. I can think up about 20 different things I could be doing right now. But, my outside goes real slow. Maybe I'll get one of those 20 things done today. That's why I really love naps. My brain can spin as fast as it wants and maybe I'll fall asleep, maybe I won't, but my outside doesn't have to do a damn thing. It just lays there. My brain is so ambitious...
I wish there was some way to add some ambition to my outside, you know. I'd just like to give it some kind of fighting chance to keep up with my brain. Like, when my brain says, "Sandy, you should drag up your teaching supplies from the basement and since you won't have a classroom this year, organize everything into the spare bedroom to make a super-cool office," I could actually get up and do that. How do I make myself more productive? I mean, besides taking speed or something awful. The rehab wouldn't be worth it. I've already weighed the consequences...and I'm pretty sure I've seen some people on some sort of speed...including mothers of my students. It's a little too much ambition if you ask me. Sort of like when you open the door to the dryer and the clothes just keep on spinning for a few seconds longer.

No comments: