Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I guess I'm not that old...



Today I went to school to see if I could get some work done. School doesn't start for another week and a half, but I'm really a go-getter if you haven't noticed. I discovered several obstacles as I tried to make my way to the main office. I could only find one open door...the rest were marked with signs warning of construction danger. Yes, school does start in a week and a half. So, I go in and several parent volunteers mistake me for a student and try to give me my schedule and books. I find out that there is no way to get to the main office from there due to the construction, so I go back out and drive around to the receiving room door. In the office they give me a key to my room. Which room is it? They're not sure. Why don't I go upstairs and try the room I had last year? And if that doesn't work, try some other doors. Ok. They think that I'll be able to get by the construction mess. I go upstairs and head toward my old room and get yelled at by a janitor who thinks that I am student wandering around looking for my locker. I'm a teacher, I say. Oh, well, you still can't be up here. What a bunch of liars they are down in the office. Then, I went over to the middle school where there is far less construction and no one mistook me for a student. Ha-Rah.

Do you like my dad's birthday monkey? I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy. I like your blog. I love your pictures. I got a letter informing me that Walled Lake is looking for building subs. This looks like my most promising option to date. Unfortunately, even at the middle school, I was mistaken for a student by the students. I wish you better luck.

Tania