Thursday, December 06, 2007

December is Better Without Work

I like not going to work. Don't you? I don't miss the traffic, my friend at the top of the off ramp with his "I'm hungry" sign, the complaints from sleep-deprived teenagers, grading essays, any of it, really....

I thought I might get bored, but I'm not yet. Duncan fills my day with diaper changes, feedings, baths, and the occasional crying fit. Even when he spits up all over me, it's hard not to smile and be happy because at least I'm not at work. Don't get me wrong, I like my job and all....it's just nice to do something else for a while.

What I like best is that my life is finally simple. Yesterday's goal was to eat something good for dinner. A few days before that, I wanted to make cookies. Check and check. I feel so accomplished. This week I want to do an hour or two of Christmas shopping and clean out the maternity clothes from my closet. I know these don't sound like very lofty goals, but I really do have to plan my whole day around them. I'm telling you...making the cookies took some strategic planning.

Now, I don't have much more to say here, so here is the slide show that I made of Duncan. (It has several surprises, so watch carefully.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, I must say, you have done well with making cookies. You did have to become really creative. Your goals are lofty!!! I was happy when I could get the vacuum out and do one room. Never mind about going through a closet.~Jenz

Unknown said...

uh, wait. You are already moving your maternity clothes out of the closet? You're not still wearing them? Good for you girl!