I tried to watch this episode of Nova the other day about String Theory. I have a hard time with complex scientific theories, so I turned it off after about 20 minutes of being confused. See, string theory proposes that up to 14 different dimensions may exist. I was surprised because I thought there was just 3. Then, I talked to my brother who is so smart that I'm afraid his brain might explode. He just finished taking quantum mechanics in college and he told me that there is for sure a 4th dimension...time. Wow. I learned something new. Then he tried to explain what the other dimensions would be like...something about a sheet and a ball and the ball pulls down on the sheet and gravity. I don't know. It was confusing.
So, here I am trying to forget about all this string theory stuff because it just makes my head hurt, and then I go reading this article about making people invisible. More stuff about bending the electrons. Oh, when will it ever end? I don't know who thinks this stuff up, but they are probably not sitting at home eating hash browns and green beans like I am right now.
Invisible Article
Very Confusing Website About String Theory (Makes my head hurt)
1 comment:
Try eating hash brownies, then maybe you'll get the invisibility thing.
Post a Comment